Statement and Criteria
Persons who hold degrees from a variety of disciplines may apply for admission to the doctoral program. Applicants with limited backgrounds in education or the underlying policy disciplines of political science, sociology, history, and economics, however, might be required to complete collateral work. Applicants must submit a sample of scholarly writing and all Graduate Record General Examination scores.
A committee of faculty members reviews each application. The review committee considers the following factors in assessing applicants:
- Strength of academic and professional education record.
- Potential for educational and professional leadership.
- Fluency in oral and written expression.
- Compatibility of applicant's stated professional goals with the objectives of the program.
- Conformity with university and college admission requirements.